GourmetCoffees has an extensive list of top of the line products well beyond the range of coffee. Monin syrups that can be added to coffee, teas or club soda, Ghirardelli chocolate that can be added to either hot or iced beverages...we've got it all! Now, what to do with it all???
We understand your beverage curiosity so we have created a page of recipes that will knock your socks off!
From coffee recipes, to tea recipes, smoothie and soda recipes, we have thought of it all! Seasonal drinks, hot or cold, filling or just plain yummy, there is something for everyone. These recipes are easy to make with few ingredients and long shelf life, so you are always ready to entertain.
GourmetCoffees professional beverage recipes are created by our very own in house barista and are sure to impress your family and your guests. Make sure at your next potluck you offer to bring the beverages. You're going to blow them away!
Easiest fancy beverage ever!
Fill a tall glass with ice cubes. Fill glass with sparkling water or seltzer. Add 1 tablespoon flavored Monin syrup such as Berry, Peach, Mango or another fruit flavor. Stir and add a sprig of mint. Beautiful and refreshing, your guests are sure to be impressed!
Sneaky Strawberry Smoothie
Trying to get more fruit servings into your kids diet? This one is sure to please even those pickiest kids! Fill an 8oz blender with ice and add 7oz of Strawberry Maui smoothie and mix. Pop the lid and add 1 peeled banana and 1 cup of blueberries and mix until smooth. Serve with meals as a special treat!
Cinnamon cappuccino comfort
To a mug, add 2 shots espresso gold, 1/2 oz Monin cinnamon syrup, 2 oz steamed milk and top with a think layer of foamed milk, dust with cinnamon and serve.
Bananas Foster beverage
Add to a pre-heated mug, 1/2oz banana (candied), 1/2oz Monin hazelnut syrup, 1 1/4oz spiced rum, 1oz half and half. Fill remainder of mug with Kenya AA gourmet coffee from GourmetCoffees. Mix & serve with a sip stick.
Eggnog Coffee Creation
Warm and inviting, this smooth and delightful coffee beverage is incredibly comforting. All the traditional flavors of the holiday are combined to bring you this easy to make beverage to share with friends and family. Ready in minutes, its perfect for guests that drop in to wish you a Happy New Year!
- Pour 1/2 cup freshly brewed Sumatra gourmet coffee into a coffee mug.
- Fill remainder of mug with hot eggnog.
- Top with whipped cream, sprinkle with nutmeg, and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Orange Cider Cheer!
Don't keep running to the kitchen! Set this out like a hot punch and let the guests serve them selves, they'll be coming back for seconds and thirds! Made in a slow cooker, this recipe will fill your home with the aroma of the holiday season and will warm the bellies of all who drink it.
- In a slow cooker, add 1-gallon apple cider, 3/4 cup Monin orange syup, 4 cinnamon sticks, a sprinkling of whole cloves and 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg.
- Cook on low for 2 hours, strain out spices and serve!
Perky Peppermint Mocha
Add a little zing to your Mocha with the fresh clean flavor of peppermint! Monin syrups are like nothing you've ever had before, with flavor that is clean and true, you'll be surprised at all the recipes you find yourself adding a splash!
- In a saucepan with 6 cups freshly brewed Java Dutch gourmet coffee, melt 4 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate.
- When chocolate is melted, add 1 1/2 cup hot milk and 1 tablespoon Monin peppermint syrup and stir until blended.
- Pour into coffee mugs and garnish with a candy cane!
Bejeweled Butterscotch Coffee
Watch your guests faces as you serve them this beautiful beverage, perfect for a tall clear glass, with the decoration on top! "Wow" is the reaction you are sure to get with this surprisingly easy recipe. Go for it! Add a little something special to your dessert coffee and enjoy the responses... we won't tell them how easy it was!
- Melt 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips, stirring occasionally.
- Fill pastry or plastic bag with melted chips and insert #4 round tip or cut a corner in your baggie.
- Pipe out a holiday design/word (which will set onto the whipped cream toping later) onto wax paper and refrigerate 10 minutes or until set.
- In a large bowl, combine 8 cups freshly brewed Papua New Guinea gourmet coffee and 1/2 cup butterscotch chips until melted.
- Stir in 1/2 cup half and half and pour into coffee mugs.
- Top with homemade whipped cream and place set ornament on top!
Maple champagne is the perfect twist to make your midnight toast memorable. With its gorgeous amber color and sweet maple flavor, this is the way to start the New Year!
- Add 1 tablespoon Monin maple syrup and 1 shot vodka to champagne flute and add champagne to fill remainder of flute. Serve!
Classic, elegant and delightful, Amaretto champagne adds a touch of old world Italian flavor to your bubbly. Easy to make, hard to forget!
**Don't forget to have a couple flavors of Monin syrup in the house! A little splash of Monin Peppermint or Gingerbread flavored syrup in something as simple as club soda can make for a refreshing holiday treat! Espresso, caramel and white chocolate drizzled over angle food cake, brownies or even cookies turns ordinary into extraordinary!
- Add to champagne flute 1 tablespoon Monin amaretto syrup and 1 tablespoon Monin apricot syrup.
- Add champagne to fill remainder of flute.
Irish Creme Cocoa
Dress up hot cocoa, a holiday time favorite, with a splash of Irish creme flavor! This gourmet recipe is easy to make and even easier to enjoy with few ingredients and lots of reward! Put a little twist on an old time favorite and get ready to impress!
- In a small saucepan, whisk together 3oz Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix, 3 cups gourmet coffee, 1/4 cup half and half cream, 2 tablespoons Flavorganics Irish Creme Syrup, until cocoa powder is dissolved.
- Heat through and pour into coffee mugs.
- Top with fresh whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Mighty Magnificent Mocha
Come in from the chilly outdoors and sit down to a beverage that is warm and comforting. Coffee and chocolate have always been a perfect marriage, but this recipe is absolutely heaven sent! Quick and easy, mighty magnificent mocha is also a feast for the eyes, so serve it in your tallest clear glass and let all your senses take in the experience!
- In a sauce pan, combine 6 cups of hot coffee, 3/4 cup half and half cream, 6 tablespoons Ghirardelli Chocolate Sauce, and 7 teaspoons sugar.
- Cook while stirring over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and it is heated through.
- Pour into six individual coffee mugs and top with fresh whipped cream and sprinkle with cocoa.
Red Hot Merry Berry
A little more work...a LOT more reward! This recipe is for those who love to serve something unexpected. Tangy and sweet, warm yet refreshing, you've never made anything like this before! Say farewell to the ordinary holiday beverages, this one is red hot and ready to make a splash!
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 quart of water and cranberries to a boil.
- Reduce heat cover and simmer 8-10 minutes or until cranberries begin to pop.
- Drain and reserve liquid and cranberries.
- In a large pot, combine 2 1/2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup red hots, 3 tablespoons Monin Lemon Syrup, cranberry liquid and pulp and remaining water.
- Bring to a boil and stir until sugar and candies are dissolved.
- Strain liquid through a fine sieve or cheesecloth and pour into individual glasses.
- Garnish with lemon wedge and cinnamon sticks.
Worth The Wait Apple Cider
It doesn't get any easier than this, simply pour everything in and let the slow cooker do the work! The time spent simmering will really pay off when you savor the amazing flavor extracted from the spices. Oh, did we mention that it will fill your home with the aroma of the holidays? Just you wait!
- Perfect for open-house holiday parties because it stays warm in a slow cooker!
- In a slow cooker, combine 4 cups apple cider, 4 cups pineapple juice, 1/2 cup water, 1 cinnamon stick and 4 Tazo Sweet Cinnamon Spice Tea Bags.
- Add 8 whole cloves wrapped and tied in a cheese-cloth or placed in tea infuser balls.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Remove tea bags, cinnamon sticks and cloves and it is ready to serve with a ladle like punch.